Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Discoveries Of The Week

Things learned, accomplished and discovered this week...


Blog Discovery: How Not To Do Social Work  --I love the honesty and earnest insights into the profession shared here.

New-to-me-Etsy Shop: RossLab.  Whimsical, simple ceramics.  Because there can never be enough bowls and cups!

Activism task: I signed a petition to President Obama asking him to leave social security benefits alone.

Weekly treat: I enjoyed a week off from work...the last full week of vacation time I took was in October 2011! Of course, I fully absorbed a total state of doing-nothingness and may even have raised it to a whole new level.

Social work resources:  New search engine providing valuable info on local and federal U.S. programs for housing, employment, food and health for those in need.  It also gives users the ability to add resources.  And the website, Promised Land, has some awesome ideas and tools on how to become a changemaker in your community. 

Moment of suckage:  Watching the movie "Twilight: Breaking Dawn".  I have no adequate words to describe the pointlessness involved in this series, and furthermore, no rational explanation as to why I actually watch the movies.

Question of the week: Why are there so few resources such as social work blogs and/or helpful online resources (e.g. U.K Social Care Network | The Guardian) established by American social workers?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your view